вторник, 23 ноября 2010 г.

The first time when I got what is Use Case about...

It's funny - I've been working as analyst for quite a long time and always used "use case" words here and there. But today is the first time when I really grasped the true meaning of this word.

I've been working for a difficult task for Wild Apricot - we need to redesign our current payment checkout processes - and to do this I scanned through all related forum threads and our internal notes.

AND THIS IS WHERE I GOT THE MEANING OF USE CASE - I was able to distil several real examples of what our clients was trying to achieve. Use case is a short example of real problem or practical task one wants to resolve. It does not contain any note of how this can be done - this is actually my job to find how to implement it in our system in elegant and usable way - but it defines exactly what all your controls and button should do in real world. I know that this sounds trivial, but use cases help to identify what you really need to concentrate on when you try to design your program and interface solution. Your solution MUST resolve the use cases you have identified and marked as important in the easiest and most intuitive way for your target persona.

Unfortunately, use cases does not help you to find such a solution, they just help you to check that your solution works and is useful for your clients :) And I'm still working on this difficult taks - now trying to find the solution. Good luck to me :)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий